Hello fellow Bloggers. To be honest, I never thought I would find myself here, but here I am. Not just creating a blog, but also on the threshold of a new and very different kind of life adventure. It has been a recurring pattern throughout my life that just when I think I have things somewhat "figured out", just the way I think they should be, I could not be more misguided. You see, we spend our lives making great plans and timelines and agendas, only to discover that the path does not lead us where we thought it would. Thankfully, our Father in Heaven has designated our days not to give us every whim of our hearts, or to leave us to "figure it out" on our own, but to gently guide us and mold us into His image for His glory. Just as He has been an ever-present guide and comforter through the many ups and downs in my life, I know this season is no exception. There is simply no other way to explain the gentle stirring that I have felt deep in my heart. A stirring that has led me into a new chapter of life - motherhood.
After much prodding and "encouragement" from my friends with blogs, I've finally decided to take the plunge so to speak and start recording our lives in pictures and words. I think it will be a creation to treasure for years to come. Hopefully it will offer my son a window into his mother's heart and thoughts during these precious days of babyhood, and childhood, when he is older. Maybe I can also offer some encouragement, or even just a laugh, for another mom out there struggling to figure it all out. I can say after just 3 months of this adventure called motherhood that it is the most challenging, joyful, heartbreaking, and worthwhile "job" I have ever had, and that there is no way I could have anticipated the impact this little guy has had, and will have, on my life.
So, without further delay...I will introduce you to the newest love of my life, James Arthur Evans IV:
This picture is from his "newborn" photo shoot, I think he was about 10 days old. He has grown so much since then, it is so fun to see how he changes every week! He is now 14 weeks old, and has gone from 7 pounds 4 ounces to 14 pounds 9 ounces! He was born October 26, 2011...and our lives have changed forever. I have gone from being a "career" girl, working 5 days a week, to a "stay-at-home" mom, working 7 days a week! And what a transition it has been...hence the title "A Work in Progress"...both appropriate for this season of life, and to describe myself in general. I hope to talk more about that in the future. My apologies for such a loooong first post, but I guess I have more to say than I thought! Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment