"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Jesus Christ." ~Philippians 1:6

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Reflection of Love

Hello again, friends! James just finished eating and is happily swinging and watching cartoons, so I will take some time to think about something besides spit-up and diapers ;). (I know, 3-month-old watching cartoons...if I had a dollar for every time I said "I'll never...") Anyway, earlier when he was napping, I found myself as I often do creeping silently into his room and watching carefully as his little chest rises with each breath. I then take a reassured breath myself, and return to whatever I was doing. During these times when I'm watching him so closely I think about how amazed I still am that he is here and how much I LOVE him. I love him sooo much, I never want anything bad to happen to him, I want him to always be smiling and happy, and for his life to be perfect. And, of course, I know that is not reality. In reality he will cry when he doesn't get his way, and skin his knees, and get his heart broken. But, if the way I feel about my little guy is just a small glimpse into the way our Heavenly Father feels about us, then I am blown away at how much we are loved! It must hurt His heart so much when we are rebellious and hateful toward Him. Just like right now at this young age, I can smile at James and he will predictably smile back. When I go to get him out of bed or sit down to play with him, he is beaming that his Mommy is there. I know that will not always be the case, such as when he is a teenager, but I will love him just the same :).

I know last time I only included a "newborn" pic of the little man, so I thought I'd add a more recent one. Here's James at 3 months:

Cute little stinker, huh? Of course, I am rather biased...


"If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good things to those who ask Him!"                                                             ~Matthew 7:11

No comments:

Post a Comment