Sitting down at my computer tonight, I realized how LONG it has been since I updated this thing! How time flies when you're...busy. There have been lots of new developments lately, specifically with our Little Man. At 5 months and 1 day old he decided that he was tired of being horizontal, and started sitting up! He also decided that he was bored with just drinking plain old milk all the time and declared himself a solid food eater. I say "declared", because he would not be denied...after plunging his chubby little hand into multiple plates of our food and attempting to shove whatever he could grab into his mouth, we figured he was ready ;). Of course, like every nervous new mom, I had read all the blogs and studies and articles about how detrimental it is to give your baby the evil solid food before they are officially 6 months and 1 hour old, and about how if you did they would turn into one big allergic hive and be cursed with constipation and/or diarrhea for life. So I fretted about that for a few days and tried to pacify him with tasteless rice cereal in formula. However, as we are quickly finding out, this little guy has his own ideas about most everything. It's his world, we just live in it! To date we have downed everything from sweet potatoes (the favorite) to peaches, squash, bananas, avocado, and I think a few "unapproved" substances from Daddy when Mommy wasn't looking. And he's still alive. Today we even sampled an apple-cranberry slush from Sonic because Mommy was silly enough to assume that a 5-month-old can't drink from a straw! I'm starting to realize that the Lord gives you by way of your children exactly what is necessary for the refinement of your OWN character. For example, before James came into my life, I was definitely somewhat of a perfectionist, liked things in their place, did NOT appreciate last-minute changes of plans, and was not heavy on the side of patience...enter Little Man. Now things are never perfect, always messy, and usually unpredictable...and it's fabulous :). He has brought so much joy into our lives, and I am sure he teaches me much more than I could teach him. Well, it's been a long day so I will bring this to a close. I hope to start writing more often, as once every 2 months is definitely not enough! I'll leave you with a pic of our little munchkin:
Such a handsome fella!
ReplyDelete