First of all, let me say Happy Mother's Day to all the other mothers and grandmothers out there. What a special occasion this day becomes after you have your first little bundle of joy. And today I realized that my little bundle of joy is no longer so "little"...he has just grown up before our eyes. This week he got his 2ND hair cut, and just looks so much like a little boy!
He is constantly frustrated that he can't crawl or walk or employ some other form of forward motion...so, we got him a walker. But he can only walk backwards in it. Hence more frustration.
Despite what my mother would say, I have absolutely no idea where he gets his strong will and determination. Must be his daddy's genes! We even started going to "mother's day out" at a local church in an effort to provide outside stimulation, not only for the little man but for Mommy too. After 6 months in the house, it was time to spread our wings! Even though I couldn't help feeling a little sad packing up and labeling all his little stuff, I think he enjoyed getting to go play and meet other little guys. Mostly he just chews on the toys :)
In other news, we decided to plant a garden this year, despite the fact that I historically have a black thumb, and have been known to kill anything in a pot including cactus and ivy. However, things seem to be going surprisingly well. We have squash, beans, okra, lettuce, carrots, and tomatoes. Props to Jim for the bed construction :)
And, finally, I have to brag just a little. Today was the first day James and Daddy spent time together out of the house without Mommy, and while that still makes Mommy nervous, I have never seen him so excited. Whether I like it or not, my little man is growing up, and with that comes ever-growing independence and a need to do "guy stuff" with Daddy ;). This time he got to accompany Jim on his weekly pilgrimage to Lowe's, then they stopped to get Mommy her first Mother's Day present. He even signed the card, with a little help of course!
Well readers (however few of you there may be), I will leave you with a wish for a wonderful Mother's Day tomorrow. May you be as richly blessed as I have been this year!





No comments:
Post a Comment